Getting started with mongoDB


### Welcome to my blog.

I've decided that since I am a user of mongodb that I should also contribute to the open source project. For those interested in exploring the code then feel free to download it here. As for those interested in getting started I will start posting my updates here.


### GETTING STARTED WITH MONGO
Firstly once you fork the project you would do this:

```
$ git clone git://github.com/mongodb/mongo.git
$ cd mongo
$ git tag -l
```
You should see this:
```
r0.0.3
r0.0.4_rc1
r0.0.4_rc2

r2.4.0-rc0

r2.4.0.rc1
r2.4.1
```

Now you need to check out the version you want to work on.

```
$ git checkout r2.4.1

```

You can now run a build once you have scons installed:

```
$ scons all
```

Once thats done compiling then you can install mongo to test out how it works.

```
$ scons --prefix=/opt/mongo install
```






Check out my latest project a career search engine:
http://www.bzcareer.com

Comments

Popular Posts